Friday 25 November 2011

Almond Flour in the Wonder Junior Deluxe Hand Mill pt 1

You can make Almond flour in the Wonder Junior Deluxe, according to willitgrind.com The Wonder Mill company's informational site. I am conducting an experiment, to find out all about it. I will be using the following to test the Mill.

Raw Almonds
Soaked Almonds (8-12 hours in filtered water)

Blanched Almonds  (boiled 3 minutes, skins removed)

Roasted Almond

I have already tried blanched slivered Almonds, purchase commercially. They did make a nice Almond Flour, but I only had about 1/3 of a cup handy when I tried it, so I did not get any real details about the time it took or anything.

This morning I tried Raw Almonds, and at first it came out like super oily flour, then it caked up and refused to put any more out.


Roasted Almonds are going to make Almond Butter for sure! I will let you know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment